Healing Aids and Practices
Diet for the Nerves
My belief is that the symptoms of electrical sensitivity are primarily due to a severely weakened nervous system being overloaded by electromagnetic fields. Therefore, strengthening the nervous system is of paramount importance in order to heal this illness. However, just taking the nutrients I suggest in this section probably will not be enough by itself to heal the illness due to other factors that have contributed to the development of the illness. The entire program I present on this website contributes to the strengthening of the nervous system. So take the necessary nutrients to heal your nervous system, but at the same time, try to address all of the other factors that have contributed to your illness in order to improve your chances of success.
Consuming nutrients for the nervous system will push toxins out of your body. This is because when the body is supplied with nutrients it will replace the toxins in the body with the nutrients. Therefore, when you consume nutrients for the nervous system you receive two benefits: your nervous system gets stronger and you detoxify your nervous system.
There are some nutritional products that are extremely helpful for healing the nervous system:
- Organic Skullcap Tincture—Skullcap contains an excellent mineral balance for the nervous system.
- Lecithin (try to get an organic source) and healthy saturated fats (most of the health problems that we blame on fats should be blamed on the destructive processing to which fats have been subjected)
- Essential Fatty Acids (from Flax Seed Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Krill Oil, or Fish Oil)
- Cell Salts (Tissue Salts), especially Kali Phos and Mag Phos
- Hyland’s Nerve Tonic or Hyland’s Biochemic Phosphates—A comprehensive blend of cell salts for healing the nerves.
- NerveFix® by NaturalCare—A comprehensive blend of cell salts and homeopathic remedies for healing the nerves.
- Neurabic®—A combination supplement used to heal the nervous system, primarily used to treat peripheral neuropathy.
- Magnesium—Essential for the nervous system and many other body systems. Most people are deficient in this mineral. Most magnesium supplements are poorly absorbed orally. Magnesium can be absorbed easily, with no laxitive effect, in a few different forms: (1) Mag Phos Cell Salt; (2) ReMag, Ionic Magnesium and similar products; and (3) Transdermal Magnesium Chloride. Dr. Sircus says, “What I have found is that magnesium chloride, applied transdermally, is the ideal magnesium delivery system—with health benefits unequalled in the entire world of medicine. Nothing short of a miracle is to be expected with increases in the cellular levels of magnesium if those levels have been depleted… There is no wonder drug that can claim, in the clear, what magnesium chloride can do. Most people will show dramatic improvements in the state of their health when they replete their magnesium levels in an effective manner.” I personally prefer the oral forms of magnesium as magnesium oil is awkward to apply and irritating to the skin, but the oil is more appropriate for some conditions.
- Iodine—Iodine is critical for the growth and development of the brain and central nervous system. Thyroid hormones containing iodine help form the myelin sheath of certain nerves of the central nervous system. Iodine deficiency is very common and is a common cause of electrical sensitivity. See Dr. Brownstein’s book, Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It, and Dr. Tenpenny’s video on common iodine deficiency, good iodine sources and a simple iodine skin test.
- B Vitamins—Especially B1 (as Benfotiamine), B9 (Folic Acid) and B12 (as Methylcobalamine). “Vitamin B12 deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage, especially to the brain and nervous system.”
- Vitamin D—“Vitamin D is the foundation for immune system stability and preventing the immune system from developing autoimmune and excessive inflammatory problems.”
- Selenium—An essential trace mineral for normal development and protection of brain cells.
- Ashwagandha—An exotic Indian herb that helps to regenerate the nervous system, is a natural tranquilizer, has antidepressant effects, and has many other health benefits.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom—Promotes Nerve Growth Factor production.
- Fo-Ti—An excellent general health tonic that has a rejuvenating effect on the nervous system and brain.
- Triphala—An excellent general health tonic with a nerve-strengthening component.
- Yarrow Envionmental Solution—A herbal and flower essence combination for strengthening and protecting against environmental challenges.
- Electro Essence—Greatly relieves fear and distress associated with earth, electrical and electromagnetic radiation. It helps to bring one into balance with the natural rhythms of the earth.
- Perelandra Health Watch 9 Protocols—These protocols they help with strengthening the body against EMF exposure in general but are not specific to the nervous system.
- Essential Oils — Neuro-Auricular Technique
Skullcap and Tissue Salts provide minerals necessary for the health of the nervous system. The Tissue Salts Kali Phos and Mag Phos are very specific to the nervous system. You may not need the Tissue Salts if you take the Skullcap Tincture; therefore, the Tissue Salts have been placed lower on this list.
Lecithin contains phospholipids, which are widely used throughout the body in cell membranes, such as those in the nervous system. Healthy saturated fats are used in cell membranes. High concentrations of Essential Fatty Acids are also found in the brain and nervous system. The word “essential” indicates that these fatty acids must be supplied in the diet, as they cannot be manufactured in the body. Fatty acids are one component of phospholipids.
Fish Oil is much easier to assimilate than Flax Seed Oil for some people because it contains oils that don’t need to be converted by the body; about 30% of the population cannot convert EFAs from plant sources efficiently into a form the body uses. If you try Flax Seed Oil and discover that it is not effective for you, try Fish Oil instead. One of the best oil blends is Udo’s Choice™ Oil Blend.
Make sure that you include both lipids and nutrients that provide minerals to the nervous system in your healing program. By including both types of nerve-building nutrients in your diet, you increase the chances of successfully healing the nervous system.
Some of these nutrients for rebuilding the nervous system may result in a healing crisis, so be careful. I had an extremely strong reaction to Tissue Salts when I started using them.Cleanse the Body