Causes of Electrical Sensitivity
“Weston Price showed us that the fundamental cause of disease is inadequate nutrition.” (Weston A. Price Foundation) When the body is not getting the correct nutrients, it is going to be more susceptible to illness of any kind.
Nasty “foods” to be mostly or completely avoided:
- Genetically Modified Foods—There is a very good reason why the makers of genetically modified foods don’t want their products labeled as such, the most plausible being that no data can then be collected to implicate genetically modified foods as the cause of serious health problems. There are significant studies that clearly demonstrate the harmfulness of genetically modified foods. The best introduction to this topic is the video, Engineered food and your health, which explains clearly why GMO foods are toxic. Also see the DVD, The Future of Food. Genetically modified foods are a very serious and growing threat to food safety and the environment.
- Excitotoxins: flavor enhancers and artificial flavorings like glutamates (including but not limited to MSG) and Aspartame. These are very hard on the nervous system, especially neurons in the brain, and are a major source of illness found in most processed foods.
- Anything containing fluoride, including water and toothpaste
- Anything containing artificial food additives, used as preservatives and to enhance appearance, texture and flavor
- Sugar, especially fructose without fiber, which is almost as poisonous as alcohol. Consuming large quantities of fructose will lead to Metabolic Syndrome: obesity, hypertension, inflammation, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, accumulation of fat in the liver, and continuous consumption. Fructose is found in many processed foods and drinks.
- Soft drinks (soda pop) and fruit juice drinks
- Anything from a factory farm
- Pasteurized and/or homogenized dairy products
- Foods containing gluten—this is a major cause of disease for many people. However, I do not believe thal all people are harmed by gluten. I was sensitive to gluten for a long time until I did sufficient purification of my mind and emotions. I believe the quality of the food we eat is just as important as its basic constituents: I have the fortunate opportunity to purchase organic bread from a bakery that uses a wood fire oven, and it is very apparent to me that such bread is much healthier than the typical mass-produced bread found in supermarkets. Also, gluten-free breads are not necessarily healthier than quality breads containing gluten. Eating a balanced diet of pure, whole foods is also very important.
- Deep-fried foods (like fish and chips)
- Street drugs
Of course, you should have some fun, too!! A few of these things are okay to consume once in a while. I like nachos, pizza and ice cream, but I don’t eat them very often.